Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moments.

It amazes me how time slips right through our fingers.

One second we are running to the play ground.
Calling out a claim on the swing set.

The next minute we are facing our first day of middle school.
Terrified of the ninth graders that stuff people into lockers.

Next day we are off to high school.
Unprepared to loose our innocence, but loosing it any way.

A week later we are graduating.
Walking down the aisle and realizing our lives will never be the same.

In a month we are off to college.
Leaving all that we know behind, and learning that moms cooking is a lot better then cereal for dinner.

A year...

Now that’s another story.

A year gives us the chance to take it and run with it, or let it run over us.

Now I don’t know if this cycle persists for everyone.

 But for me...
I am in that year. The year that will either make or break me.
I feel so strong now. Its building me. It’s teaching me. It’s testing me.

Yet I feel so unsure. The future seems so unpredictable and out of my control.

I haven’t ever felt this way.

So secure, so unsure. So strong, so weak. So confident, so alone.

But I know that ... I need this.  I will always have this year to look back on. I will know that no matter what happens in my life-no one will be able to take this experience away from me. I did this for me.

So take a moment and think... about your seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months and years. And realize how they all seem to mesh into one.

These measurements of time are insignificant. Unless you make them be.

Clock is ticking. Days are starting then ending. Weeks are going by. And the calendar keeps turning month to month.  

Where will you be in a year?

1 comment:

  1. I have NO idea. But that's the beauty of life. You figure it out as you go because...because you have to. To learn, to make mistakes- and fix them. To FEEL. And isn't it crazy how it all flies by? Like you barely had time to live monday before tuesday is already here. love you, so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete