Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Land of the Shining Sun.

Californ-I-A. The place that everyone dreams of going. The place where dreams come true, love is made, and happiness is found. The place that has the worlds most appealing women (or so The Beach Boys and Kathy Perry say…) Stars are born here, money is made, and dreams become reality. Yes, California is quite the Paradise. It defiantly has proved to be Paradise for me. But not for any of the reasons I listed above. Being here for this past year has taught me more lessons then any other experience I have ever had. I have learned everything from the basics of preparing my own food, doing my own laundry, managing my own money etc… to the complicated stuff like making life long friends, figuring out who I am, and realizing my own will power and strength. Yes. California has made me richer, shown me the stars, and started me on a path to making my dreams come true. I have become richer by meeting people that come from different backgrounds, cultures, and religions. California forced us all together and allowed us to build friendships that wouldn’t have ever been found. I have seen the stars at glittering in the sky above the New Port Beach coast, as I sat with my friends breathing the salty air. I felt content, alive, and free. California allowed me to realize my dreams and it gave me the confidence that I needed in order to make them come true.  California alone did this all for me. It allowed me to break free of my comfortable little bubble, it made me look that the world and other people through a new set of eyes, and it taught me to accept myself and other people. I have made bonds and friendships here that are stronger then I had ever anticipated with people I never would have had the chance to meet had I not left home.  My roommate Ashley Dunn, she has become like an older sister to me. Everyday I look forward to her coming home and me telling her every stupid thing that happened that day. I look up to her. She is the MOST motivated person I have ever met. She doesn’t settle, she always gives everything her best effort, and she has overcome more then anyone else I have ever met. Leanna Marshall, I have a friendship with her that will last a lifetime. Even though we live across the country from each other I know that when this experience comes to an end our friendship will have only finished its first chapter. I have never met anyone that has such a amazing personality. This girl can start a conversation with anyone and keep it going for hours! What a talent. Adam Lewental, even though we only had first semester together he was probably one of the greatest people I will ever meet in my life. Adam is one of those lucky people that doesn’t try all semester and ends up getting a 100 % on all of the exams. He also is one of the most talented writers that I have ever met. Mark my words when I say this boy will be on the New York Times Best Seller list in a few years. Adam and I understand each other… probably cause we both think about stuff a little too much. Then there is Lisa Morgan and Carly Gernandt, I met these girls in Europe over my summer trip. I got lucky because they only live a hour away from me. They are the most welcoming people I have ever seen. They literally open up their home to anyone, and treat everyone as if they have known them for years. Never in my life have I felt so comfortable around anyone as these girls. They both are amazing people and amazing friends. Then there is Danny Von Doug, lets just say he is the only Asian Norwegian punk rocker/actor/ed hardy wearing friend I will ever have… and that is FOR SURE. Danny has the funniest personality ever. One time he said, “Its not big problem.”  I still laugh about it. I guess it was a “had to be there” kinda thing…. ;).  Last there is Caroline Egset, she also is Norwegian, and she is absolutely beautiful! Seriously. Bright blue eyes, clear skin, 5’6… what more could you want from life? ! haha only kidding. But Caroline is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is so shy and calm… Yet we always have fun when we hangout. These are just a few of the MANY amazing people I have gotten a chance to meet here in California. But as you can tell, all of them are quite amazing. I want to end this post by saying thank you Sunshine State… you changed my life, you brought me amazing friends, and you made me SUCH a better person. I agree with every song lyric ever written about coming to the West coast… and I am so thankful that I did.




























1 comment:

  1. ahh this made me cry! I couldn't agree more! Love youuu best friend but no good-byes yet!!!

    ReplyDelete