Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

15 bucks... for peace of mind

The other day as I was wandering the streets of New York City I happen to stumble across a psychic.

Suddenly I was sitting in the waiting room and thinking about how I need to stop making spontaneous decisions....


30 minutes and 15 dollars later I came walking out the door.

Surprisingly touched by what this strange woman had just "seen" in my cards.

Are psychics legit? I dont know.
Is what they say bull sh*t? I dont know.

All that I know is that people have certain energies about them... And maybe, just MAYBE sometimes SOMETHING can pick it up.

As I shuffled the terit cards I thought to myself  "I must be slightly crazy"

Then she started talking.... Since I did the cheapest reading I only got three areas of my life read. Love. Career. Friendship.

First she started with friendship. She told me that I have a particularly important friendship in my life that affects me more then any other. She also said that for the past 2 years this friendship has had jealousy and and negative energy surrounding it- and that in the past 6 months its really began to affect me.

She told me that I have developed a "shield" from this person and that I have learned to shut myself off from them. That this person loves me in their own way-but that they aren't always happy for me in my achievements and experiences.

From there she went on to say that I have just had really amazing experiences and opportunities come up in my life and that I am not taking advantage of them and that I am letting my energy focus on the wrong areas, and letting the jealousy of others affect my experiences. Focusing more on them then on the moments and experiences that I have been given.

That sure got me thinking....

Next was Love.

One area that I am quite messed up in. First she told me that there is someone who I feel a extremely strong spiritual connection too-but that I cant be with this person because of a physical distance. Also, that I have a back and forth pull in my idea of "love".... That I want to be independent, single, alone, yet I also yearn for closeness, commitment, togetherness.

Truth.

She went on to tell me that I constantly crave that which I cannot have... and push away what I do.

Truth.

Then it got to the emotional part. The part were she looked at me and told me exactly what I already knew about myself....

That I need to stop fearing letting people in, letting them love me, open up to me.... come close to me. That I have the ability to affect people in incredible ways if I let them see who I really am. If I let them love me, and open my love to them.

That is when she went into career. In my cards it says I am meant to be successful. To be the best at what I do... and to help people. However, that I also need to use my abilities to touch people in an "artistic" way. I was taken back... It has been my dream to one day write a book, or have a talk show that focuses on mental health issues.

How could all of this be seen in my cards?

She looked at me and said-"You are a person that will do whatever it takes to get what you want. You want to prove to yourself and to everyone else that you are independent and strong. But you wont ever be able to be successful in your career until you being letting people in- because that's the way your are going to change lives and make a career by touching other peoples hearts, and letting them touch yours."

Something I needed to hear.

I have to stop protecting myself from the fear of being hurt.

Just because I have been hurt in the past by people that I loved does NOT mean that I will always be hurt.

It hit me that I could have missed out on making a difference in SO many peoples lives this past few months because I was so focused on the wrong people, and on protecting MYSELF.

Its time to make a change and stop trying to prove that I am strong, independent and unbreakable. Because I am not. I am here to love people, to help people, and to let them in.

It is my purpose in life.

I just need to realize who the right people to let in are.... and stop blocking out anyone who comes my way.



1 comment:

  1. Loved this pook. And I love YOU. Whether psychics are real or not, what she said is true. You let me in and touched my life. I know you have the potential to do that so much more. Trust yourself.

    ReplyDelete