Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Final Chapter.

Its crazy how putting a pen to paper can change the world.

I just finished watching the last Harry Potter movie... and it really got me thinking.

One woman, sitting in a cafe in England....simply put a pen on a napkin... and created something that changed the lives of millions of people in the world.

She created a story, a world, people, friendships, love, war, hate, pain, courage, with nothing more then words scattered on a page.

It made me realize how beautiful writing and imagination are...That people have the ability to think of stories like this one; to create whole new worlds where ANYTHING is possible.

How CRAZY is that?

One woman. One mind. One thought. One pen.

Started ALL of this...

Brought millions of children into a magical world that they could get lost in for a few hours, billions of dollars into the box office, created an entire theme park, and most importantly touched and entire generation... and many more to come.

How INCREDIBLE is that?

Tonight I felt so many things as I was watching the last minutes of the final movie. I felt happy, sad, scared, old... and young.

I had grown up with these characters. Spent hours and hours reading and re-reading each one of the books. Watched each movie countless numbers of times... and dreamed about the day I get to go to Florida and go to HARRY POTTER world.

All of my childhood, all of those moments I was lost in this fantasy world... trickled down to this moment... the LAST of something that I had LOVED so much. Something that had brought me so much comfort, beauty, enjoyment.

And as I was feeling all of these things (over a movie). It really struck me that JK ROWLING had changed my life... she had touched my life with her amazing imagination. She had made me fall in love with people that didn't and WONT ever exist.... All just by writing down something that she had created in her mind.

How beautiful is that?

She did this for millions of people in the world.
Her words touched the lives of nearly EVERY single person in our generation.
Her thoughts and imagination.... have created something that will NEVER die... long after she does.

It really makes you take a moment and think... what your own words can do, and what your own mind can create.

Because remember.... before she was JK. ROWLING the writer of one of the most influential books in the world- she was just like any of us.

A struggling single mother, with no money, a shitty job, trying to make do for her kids....


Sitting in a cafe; scribbling on a old napkin.

Isnt it amazing what a pen and a paper can do?


1 comment:

  1. ...AMEN sister. Seriously, I felt the exact same way. Thank you JK Rowling for being brave. Thanks for putting yourself out there so that we too could dream.

    ReplyDelete