Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The two L's.

Love.

Its a topic I try to avoid... not exactly the easiest subject for me to write about.

It is something that many people are afraid to talk about, write about, or hear about.

I happen to be one of those people.

For me-Love has not been a fairy tale. It has not all been beautiful. It has not been easy and effortless.

But it has been motivating. And it has taught me things that I will carry with me throughout my lifetime.

Love has made me a better person.

And a logical person too.

But the greatest lesson love has taught me is that it carrys no limits and no boundaries.

I have learned that you can fall in love with anything from a person, animal, concept, sport, place, idea, and even yourself (Narcissus the Greek man who fell in love with his own reflection and turned into a flower: Greek mythology).

Love is something that is universal. It has no definite definition or requirement... It can be felt and expressed in MILLIONS of different ways.

I personally have felt love in all sorts of ways.

I have felt love for a man, family, country, city, food, moment, stranger, song, movie, friend... the list is endless.

But something came across me today... The greatest love I have EVER felt was love for LIFE.

It really hit me today how lucky I am to have been blessed with the beauty of being alive, healthy, and happy...

Every single opportunity lies in front of me. Every breathe I take... can be taken away in a moment.

I LOVE the fact that life is so precious. So unpredictable. And the fact that I somehow got lucky enough to experience it.

Something else I learned about love is that it is not always fair.

We can fall in love with someone who will never love us back. We can get hurt, and feel broken...

Life is the same exact way.

Sometimes things happen-and there is NO explanation to why... it doesn't seem fair or logical.

Why do kids have to starve?
When celebs are spending 5000 on a pair of shoes.

Why did a pregnant woman have to die in a car crash?
When a teenager decided to get behind the wheel while drunk.

Why did a 21 year old girl get cancer and die?
When every other 21 year old is out there thinking they are invincible.

Why did a 14 year old kill himself?
When everyone else thought it was funny to make fun of him.

Life; just like love... is unexplainable.

A lot of people avoid talking, writing, and hearing about life.

Just like love.

It hit me how crazy it is... how connected and similar they are.

And it really made me realize just how deep my LOVE of life runs.

I love my life enough to want to make it MATTER. To make a difference that SOMEHOW will help answers all of those questions...  that do not make senese or seem fair.

Yes, talking and writing about love is difficult for me. But writing about life seems to come easy.

I just never really realized that love plays into life... and that love doesn't have to be about any ONE person.

It can be about anything.


1 comment:

  1. So true. Love and life are so connected. Loved this, and can't wait to see you. Nothin like a Utah sunset in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete