Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 24, 2012

Career Talk

How do you know that you are on the "right" path?

From what I know so far... It takes a lot of searching, work, and effort.

Yet- nothing can possibly be more empowering.

I cant explain too you how it feels when you finally find- YOU. 

Its the most moving, exciting, scary, exhilarating, and motivating feeling.

Never in my life did I imagine that school- YES, SCHOOL would impact me this much.

I always knew what I wanted to do...

Help people. Listen to people. Be there for someone who has no one. Change lives.

I never knew how much I could learn from getting there.

So far this experience in graduate school has blown me away.

It has been hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading-books, manuscripts, flashcards, projects....

My stress level has been through the ROOF.

However, the more I learn- the more I read, go to class, talk to people in the program- the MORE I fall in LOVE with it.

It truley is changing me as a person.

Hearing stories of my classmates- their pasts... the things that they had to overcome. Things that I couldn't ever even imagine... Hearing how strong they are to be able to have pushed themselves through those times.

Learning from my professors about clients whose WHOLE life was changed and how THEY helped them make that change...

Exploring things about myself that are hard to admit and finding things that I can be proud of.

ALL OF IT.

I can truley say I am in IN LOVE with this career. I KNOW even more now that all of this is worth the effort.

I have NEVER ever EVER wanted anything more then this.

Constantly I find myself looking for any opportunities to learn more about the topics. Never before have I been SO invested in something. I want to give 160% of myself- and BE the best that I can be as a therapist.

I cant believe I get to do this for money- I get to make a difference in the lives of people.

Where do I even start to count my blessings?

Who could wish for a better career then this?

I cant wait to see how this program will continue change me as a person.

My perspective on relationships, life, people, myself- has been changed; for the better.




No comments:

Post a Comment