Love.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 6, 2012

Clarity.

Ok here it goes again...

Writers block has been in my way for the past couple of weeks. And nothing came to me.

Until right now.... Of course in the most random moment ever. I guess thats just how things work.

Its a few days into the new year. And its been a few days of reflecting on how much things have changed... and how fast life happens, and ends.

2011 was not the easiest or best year, however... probably the most significant.

I learned a lot about myself, my family, my friends, love, pain, strength. The most important things.

Cute clothes and nice cars seem used to seem so important. So... necessary.

But 2011 taught me that the things that matter most in life dont come from a green bill... and a plastic card. They come from the touch of the people that love you. The smell of home. The feeling of confidence. The laughs shared with your true friends.

The most important people and things can not be replaced, nor forgotten.

As difficult as it was... I am so thankful that I was challenged and tested.

It was that moment in May when I said bye to Ashley and Leanna.

The day of June when I realized how I was SO much happier... When I had so much less.

August 1st... My birthday, and also the last day I saw the most amazing woman in the world... The last seconds holding her hand, hearing her voice.

Sitting in Israel and feeling like I can love someone again.

Tackling my classes and proving myself that I can achieve anything. Even if it feels like its going to push me to my limit.

Seeing LA in November and remembering every moment I spent there... Laughing, crying, learning.

Spending a December day next to my mom on a beach and realizing how special this moment is.

Seeing Leo, Ethan, Max, Vlad, and my brother. And how happy we all were to be together. Feeling the love.

Those are the moments that mattered.... The things that matter.

I hope 2012 doesn't challenge me the way this last year did. I hope its easier and better.... But I do hope I keep growing as a person. I keep remembering what and who matters, and keep fighting to become someone better.

xoxo










Sanj

3 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful writer! I need to take notes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh stop it... I miss you!! coffee garden soon?

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy I got to spend so many moments with you this past year, well more like the past 7 years. You are truly a best friend I know I can count on. I love you pook. Thanks for reminding me what matters. Can't wait for 2012 with you!

    ReplyDelete